Delivering exceptional client service and trusted financial advice since 2007, Cameron Izard Snell LLP has the experienced tax and accounting professionals to help you. We have a record of building enduring client relationships through personalized service and quality work. We believe that our success and longevity depends on the growing success of our clients.
We are a mid-sized firm, located in downtown Victoria and recognized for our expertise in estates and trusts, corporate tax and accounting and U.S. personal tax. The founding members of our team received their training from international firms, giving us the unique ability to combine the benefits of big firm experience with small firm service. Our team is committed to excellence, built upon years of advanced training and technical experience.
The Role: we are looking for a candidate that has recently completed their CPA designation. The ideal candidate will have approximately 3-5 years of experience in a public practice role.
If you're the one we're looking for, you have lots of experience in:
- Preparation of Notice to Reader Engagements with well documented work-paper files – ie: you can prepare intermediate to complex files confidently
- Financial statement preparation: Strong understanding of bookkeeping, financial accounting and the relationships between balance sheet and income statement
- Preparation of intermediate to complex Corporate Tax returns including understanding of corporate tax balances (CDA, RDTOH, GRIP etc.)
- Preparation of basic corporate or personal tax planning scenario calculations
- Preparation of intermediate level personal tax returns (highly preferable to have experience preparing personal tax returns, but willing to train for the right candidate)
- Preparation of Review Engagements with well documented work-paper files
- Financial statement preparation: preparing statements in accordance with the Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE) including related notes disclosures
- Preparation of Trust tax returns
- Preparation of US Personal tax returns
- Experience assisting with corporate tax planning projects including re-organizations
We're sure to really like you if you:
- Are a problem solver at heart – you love reconciling and balancing!
- Use your time efficiently – you know when to push through to solve a problem on your own or when it’s time to stop and ask questions
- Prepare easy to follow and well-organized working paper files
- Think logically and have an analytical mindset
- Are a keen team player who can work effectively with other staff at various levels
- Are adaptable to new technologies
- Can keep a brave face in the midst of tax season
You're sure to really like us if you:
- Enjoy working with a diverse set of clients and can adapt to the needs of their companies
- Are excited to build on your skills and continue to learn on the job
- Love having a flexible work schedule, RRSP matching, and other amazing benefits
- Want to join in on our pancake breakfasts, chili cook-offs, maybe even axe-throwing
If this sounds like you, and you'd love the opportunity to work with a group of surprisingly fun people, considering they're all accountants, please submit a resume and cover letter, with attention to Toby through our online application platform at cistax.ca.
Compensation is based on experience, and while we love the attention, only qualified candidates will be contacted.